BSV Is Now Hiring
We are hiring part-time, occasional vintage retail help. To apply, please read through this post, then send your resume plus a brief statement of interest to bluesuedevintage [at] gmail [dot com].
Blue Suede Vintage is hiring retail help, primarily to work Saturdays 12-5pm in our shop location near Crosstown Concourse. Friday and/or Sunday availability is also a plus. Availability may not be required every single Saturday, so this opportunity is best for someone who wants to just make a little money on the side and enjoy discounts on vintage clothing!
- An appreciation for vintage
- Previous customer-facing work or internship experience
- Attention to detail
- A good attitude and sense of humor
- Ability to lift ~25 pounds and stand for extended periods
- Retail, especially vintage/resale shop experience
- Shopify POS
- Social media (Instagram, TikTok)
- Influencer marketing
- Event planning
Duties May Include (but are not limited to)
- Greeting & assisting customers
- Store opening & closing, including light cleaning
- Prepping and tagging merchandise
- Operating Shopify point of sale, taking customer payments
- General store merchandising
- Resolving customer complaints with kindness and tact
The Fun Stuff
- Pay starts at $15/hr, depending on experience.
- You'll receive 30% off one vintage item of your choice for each 5-hour shift completed.
- This may start as a retail salesperson role but has the opportunity to grow into more, depending on your interests! We own other businesses as well, and you may have the opportunity to pick up other event/general labor work if you'd like.
The store is located at 427 N. Watkins Street, Memphis TN 38104 (near Crosstown Concourse). Free parking is available, and you must be able to provide your own reliable transportation. Unfortunately, our building is very old. We have employee restrooms available downstairs, but they are currently not ADA-accessible.
Attention to detail is key, so if you've made it this far, please let me know your favorite band/artist in your application email :)
Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2023.